Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Evening Bike Ride

In lieu of going to the gym today, I went for a bike ride after work.

I headed up Cannon, not dropping below 4mph according to my spedometer, and on the downslope, I hit 44.5mph. Fast! Somewhere around 36mph is about the fastest I could reasonably pedal and keep up with the wheels.

I biked over to Santiago Oaks Regional Park so I could take a look at the burned areas from the fire a few months ago. Here's some pictures.




Also pictured is the Grijalva Adobe Site historical marker, on Rancho Santiago Blvd. I swung by there on the way back home, so I wouldn't have to go all the way up and over the hill on Cannon again. The historical marker could use some sprucing-up, there's a lot of exposed concrete that probably shouldn't be.

My average speed: about 11mph, for about an hour.

No comments: