Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Accidents

Kim was in a car accident yesterday. Fortunately she wasn't badly hurt (sore neck & shoulders). Her car isn't in good shape though. The rear right axle is bent about 45 degrees past where it should bend, there's not much of the right rear fender, and the trunk doesn't shut flush with the left rear fender (or what's left of the right).

The driver behind Kim claims to have been looking to merge to another lane when everyone suddenly stopped. Her car rammed Kim's Jetta, pushing it out of the way and then hitting the car in front of Kim.

Did I mention that we had just washed Kim's car over the weekend?

I captured a screenshot of the accident as shown on sigalert.com, and saved to PDF the details.


I was in an accident once. It happened on S. Gammon Rd in Madison, Wisconsin, right in front of the Wendy's restaurant. I was driving my '85 Pontiac 6000 LE. It was winter. There was snow and ice on the ground. The person behind me (in a late 90's red/maroon 4 door sedan) didn't stop in time and hit me. His front bumper was mangled, but as far as I could tell, my big metal bumper absorbed the impact without damage.

No comments: